Born: January 30, 1930 - Deceased: May 1, 2022
William P. Lesko M.D., 92, of Belleville, IL, born Thursday, January 30, 1930, in Carlinville, IL, died Sunday, May 1, 2022 at de Greeff Hospice House, St. Louis, MO.
William worked as a Family Physician for 40 years in Nashville and Belleville, IL. He was a member of the American Medical Assoc. (AMA), St. Clair Co. Medical Society, American Assoc. of Family Physicians (AAFP), St. Henry’s Catholic Church, Belleville, IL, and a United States Army Veteran.
He was preceded in death by his:
- First wife: Barbara, nee Liszewski, Lesko
- Parents: Stefan and Theresa, nee Perdishun, Lesko
- Brother: Harry Lesko
- Margaret Foreman
- Agnes McGrady
- Elizabeth Stoddard
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Carol J., nee Bodenburg, Lesko of Belleville, IL
- Steven (Janet) Lesko of Sunset Hills, MO
- Karen (Stephen) Shasserre of Des Peres, MO
- Martin (Mary) Lesko of Ballwin, MO
- Alan (Julie) Lesko of Columbia, IL
- Cliff (Nila) Helfrich of Pasadena, CA
- Susan Helfrich of Chicago, IL
- Sister-in-law: Dolores Hogan of Belleville, IL
- 9 grandchildren
- 5 great-grandchildren
- 4 step-grandchildren
Memorials: In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Belleville Area Humane Society or Leukemia Lymphoma Society.
Visitation: Visitation from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm Thursday, May 5, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: A Funeral procession will leave at 9:45 am from Kurrus Funeral Home for a 10:00 am Mass of Christian Burial on Friday, May 6, 2022 at St. Henry’s Catholic Church, Belleville, IL with Rev. Kenneth York officiating Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, IL.