Born: February 9, 1981 - Deceased: April 19, 2019
Matthew Allan Gruenert, 38, of Belleville, Illinois, born Monday, February 9, 1981, in Landstuhl, Germany, passed away Friday, April 19, 2019 in Belleville.
Matt was a freelance carpenter and a lover of life. He loved to read, listen to music, cook and hangout with the love of his life, his daughter, Sydney. He had a wicked sense of humor and loved a good argument. He was a talented soccer player and rooted for Manchester United.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Neal and Miriam Gruenert
- William and Leota Rickman
- Godmother: Karen Koenig
Surviving are his:
- Parents: Gary and Susan L. nee Rickman Gruenert of Belleville, IL
- Daughter: Sydney L Gruenert of Belleville, IL
- Sister: Jennifer Gruenert and husband Danny Stratten, of Bellingham, WA
- Nephew: Jonah Stratten of Bellingham, WA
- Loving aunts, uncles, cousins
- Puppy: Millie
Memorials: Memorials may be made to Sydney Gruenert education fund.
Visitation: Visitation from 10:00 am – 11:00 am, Saturday, April 27, 2019 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Memorial Service will be held at 11:00 am, Saturday, April 27, 2019 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Pastor Brian Downs officiating.