Born: December 14, 2004 - Deceased: July 11, 2022
Joseph Alexander Smith, 17, of Maryville, IL, born Tuesday, December 14, 2004, in Belleville, IL, passed away Monday, July 11, 2022, in a motorcycle accident in Collinsville, IL.
Joseph aspired to be a top notch mechanic and welder and also loved fast cars and motorcycles. He was a big brother to everyone. He loved life, enjoyed having fun, hunting, fishing, and spending time with friends and family. Joseph had a special relationship with his sister and dearly loved her.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Maternal grandfather: Norman Monroe Sr.
- Paternal grandfather: Clarence Smith
- Uncle: Eric Shipley
- Great uncle: Bennie Myers Jr.
- Cousin: Samantha Monroe
Surviving are his:
- Parents: Gregg and Anna, nee Monroe, Smith of Maryville, IL
- Sister: Payton Smith of Maryville, IL
- Long time love of his life: Jordan Powers
- Maternal grandmother: Bonny Monroe of Belleville, IL
- Paternal grandmother: Jan Smith of Anna, IL
- aunts, uncles and many cousins
- Pet ferrets: Turbo and Milo
Memorials: Memorials can be made to the future graduating senior’s Annual Automotive Scholarship fund; Make checks payable to the Collinsville Area Community Foundation in memory of Joseph A. Smith, 201 West Clay Street, Collinsville, IL 62234.
Visitation: Visitation from 3:00 – 8:00 pm, Friday, July 15, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Joseph chose to provide others with the gift of life by organ donation.