Born: April 25, 1947 - Deceased: June 6, 2020
Jon C. Heidt, 73, of Belleville, IL, born Friday, April 25, 1947, in Indianapolis, IN, passed away peacefully Saturday, June 6, 2020 at his residence in Belleville, IL surrounded by his family.
Jon spent three years of school at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale before leaving to work for his dad in Atlanta. He then went on to become a successful businessman and entrepreneur in the Mil-Spec wire and cable industry. As a retirement job, Jon worked as a part-time truck driver for Parish Trucking Firm in Freeburg, IL. He was a beloved father and husband, an avid reader, and a stoic thinker with a dry sense of humor. He will be greatly missed by all.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Robert E. (Rosemary, nee Reuter) Heidt.
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Carol Heidt, nee Carter, of Belleville, IL,
- Son: Drew (Jennifer) Heidt of St. Petersburg, FL,
- Daughter: Katherine (Dirk) Pepperd of St. Augustine, FL,
- Dylan Pepperd,
- Courtney Pepperd,
- Ashlyn Heidt,
- Tyler Heidt,
- Michelle Eigen of Atlanta, GA,
- Susan Alvarez of Rochester, NY,
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the ASPC or Shriners Hospital for Children.
Funeral: As per family’s wishes, cremation will be held. Services will be private.