Born: May 25, 1950 - Deceased: May 29, 2023
Emily V. (Cody), Hofmeister, 73, of Belleville, IL, born Thursday, May 25, 1950, in St. Louis, MO, passed away Monday, May 29, 2023 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Parents: Thomas and Geraldine (Coleman) Cody
- Brother: Christopher Cody
- Gerry McCarthy
- Edith Mayse
Surviving are her:
- Husband of 53 years: Lawrence “Larry” D. Hofmeister of Belleville, IL
- Kristine (Jay) Huber
- Amy Papproth
- Larry Hofmeister (Casey Valentine)
- Fran Cody
- Barbara Perez
- Addie Hofmeister
- Eilee Papproth
- Amyah Papproth
- Braelynn Hofmeister
- Kindal Hofmeister
- also surviving are her many nieces and nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Shriners Children’s in St. Louis or to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
Funeral: In honor of Emily’s wishes, there will not be a visitation or funeral. As Emily would say, “If you didn’t come to see me while I was alive, you don’t need to see me when I’m dead.”
Emily’s family would like for those who knew her to celebrate Emily in their own way.