Born: April 25, 1946 - Deceased: July 18, 2023
Ann Louise Alves, nee Howelman, 77, of Fairview Heights, IL, born Thursday, April 25, 1946, in Belleville, IL, passed away Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at her residence in Fairview Heights, IL.
Ann worked as a teacher for 35 years at the Mascoutah District 19/Scott AFB, Schools. She was a member of the Belle City Kennel Club, Mound City Kennel Club, Dog Sports at Kim’s and many other numerous Kennel Clubs and organizations. One of Ann’s greatest loves were her dogs. She was a dedicated, talented trainer that had many admirable achievements to include 6 Otch Mach Title Irish Setters and 1 Otch Mach Title Border Collie.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Parents: Earl E. and Margaret “Margie” Alice, nee Dane, Howelman
- Sister: Phyllis D. Howelman
- Sister-in-law: Joan Wagner Howelman
Surviving are her:
- Husband: M. Charles Alves II of Fairview Heights, IL
- whom she married on February 24th, 1968.
- Son: Scott (Karen) Alves of Fairview Heights, IL
- Brother: David Howelman of Bellaire, MI
- Sister: Carolyn Sue (Dan) Baltz of Payson, AZ
- Brother-in-law: Gary (Tammy) Alves of Millstadt, IL
- Dear nieces and nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Irish Setter Rescue (ISCA Foundation), Shriners Childrens or Gateway Pet Guardians.
Visitation: Visitation from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm, Sunday, July 23, 2023 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Celebration of Life will be held from 4:00 – 6:00 pm, Sunday, July 23, 2023 at the Elks Lodge, 9480 Old Lincoln Trail, Fairview Heights, IL 62208.