Born: May 16, 1945 - Deceased: November 17, 2023
William K. Hunter, 78, of Lebanon, IL, born Wednesday, May 16, 1945, in East St. Louis, IL , passed away Friday, November 17, 2023 at Cedar Ridge Care Center in Lebanon, IL.
William worked as a switchman for Southern Railroad . He also worked at the Collinsville Convention Center, Belle-Clair Speedway, and Munie Pool. William loved to gamble, play pool, play cards and bowling. He also was a U.S. Army Veteran and served in the Vietnam War.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Father: Marion L Hunter
- Mother: Alice, nee Tice, Hunter
- Great granddaughter: Lillian Marie Lovell
- Martha Totty
- Alice Hunter
- Frances Hartwick
- David Hunter
- Richard Hunter
- James Hunter
- John Hunter
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Cathy, nee Lougeay, Hunter of Lebanon, IL
- Daughter: Patricia Lovell of Pocahontas, IL
- Ryan Lovell (Ashtin Diekemper)
- Tarah Lovell
- Dillon Lovell (fiance, Katie Speciale)
- Tom (Pat) Hunter of Belleville, IL
- Walter (Barb) Hunter of Edwardsville, IL
- Leona Hunter of Brookfield, IL
- Ruth Stone of Maryville, IL
- Margaret (Robert) Moggio of Glen Carbon, IL
- Virginia R. Hunter of Belleville, IL
- Judy Masinelli of St. Louis, MO
- Brother-in-law: Albert Hartwick
- Sister-in-law: Stephanie Hunter
- Ten great-grandchildren
- Numerous nieces and nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the St. Jude’s Childrens Hospital or Shriners Childrens.
Visitation: Visitation from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Private Interment.