Born: December 9, 1929 - Deceased: January 11, 2022
William J. Lanaghan, 92, of Metropolis, IL, formerly of Fairview Heights, IL, born Monday, December 9, 1929, in Chicago, IL, passed away Tuesday, January 11, 2022, at Southgate Nursing Home with Lourdes Hospice Care in Metropolis, IL.
William was a time keeper for General Motors. He was a member of Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church in Belleville IL, Moose Lodge #1221 in Swansea, IL, V.F. W. Post #8677, American Legion Post and Paul Stout Post. He also served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Wife: Patricia L., nee Cook, Lanaghan
- Parents: William J. and Blanche, nee Donovan, Lanaghan
Surviving are his:
- William “Jim” (Holly) Lanaghan Jr. of Bossier City, LA
- Joe (Lacey) Lanaghan of Laurel, MT
- Tricia “Beth” (Tom) Daniels of Metropolis, IL
- Kevin A. (Bruna) Lanaghan of Arvada, CO
- Brother: Robert (Pat) Lanaghan
- Jim III (Beth)
- Adam (Bianca)
- Madison (William)
- Travis (Brittan)
- Christopher (Patricia)
- Craig (Marisa)
- Jon (Rachel)
- Robert (Ellie)
- 11 great grandchildren
- Sister-in-law: Sharon Cook of Belleville, IL
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Shriner’s Hospital for Children.
Visitation: Visitation from 12:00 noon – 1:00 pm, Friday, January 14, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 1:00 pm, Friday, January 14, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Father Matthew Elie officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, IL.