Born: August 28, 1926 - Deceased: May 28, 2022
William H. Anderson, Sr., of Smithton, Illinois, passed away on Saturday, May 28, 2022 at Freeburg Care Center at the age of 95. Bill was born on Saturday, August 28, 1926 in Caseyville, Illinois. He was raised and worked on the farm owned by his grandpa and uncles.
He was a World War II veteran serving in Japan and Panama. Bill worked at Illinois Central Railroad until his retirement in 1986.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Wife of 56 years: Sophia
- Granddaughter: Alaina Jacobs
- Daughter-in-law: Velda Anderson
- Mother: Blanche Anderson
Bill is survived by:
- Three sons and a daughter:
- Thomas Anderson of Hoyleton, Illinois
- Joseph (Marilyn) McMahon of Grand Prairie, Texas
- William (Cathy) Anderson, Jr., of Belleville, Illinois
- Elaine (Eric) Jacobs of Freeburg, Illinois
- Six grandchildren:
- Sam (Susan) McMahon
- Nathan (Jennifer) McMahon
- William (Sarah) Anderson III
- Andrew Anderson
- Kyle (Stephanie McDaniel) Anderson
- Kinzi Anderson
- Five great-grandchildren:
- Gabby Anderson
- Liam Anderson
- Sophia Anderson
- Alex Anderson
- Nora McMahon
Bill was a great dad, grandpa and great-grandpa. He was a hard worker and was always available to help us in any way he could. He had a delightful sense of humor and was an animal lover, especially cats. Bill was dearly loved and will truly be missed.
Special Thanks: We would to thank the Freeburg Care Center staff for the love, compassion and exceptional care they provided to Bill.
Services: Per his wishes there will not be any service. He will be interred at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery.
Donations: Anyone wishing to honor his memory may make donations to Belleville Humane Society.