Born: December 9, 1946 - Deceased: June 26, 2023
William E. Klug, 76, of Belleville, IL, born Monday, December 9, 1946, in St. Louis, MO, died Monday, June 26, 2023 at Memorial Hospital East in Shiloh, IL.
William worked as a systems programmer for the United States Government and was a proud United States Navy Veteran, serving during the Vietnam War. He was passionate about the community and especially the Community Interfaith Food Pantry where he volunteered regularly.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents, William and Virginia, nee Gipfel, Klug
- Sister, Carol Klug-Frantzen.
Surviving are his:
- Wife Sharon, nee Bristoe, Klug of Belleville, IL
- William “Scott” (Kim) Klug of Columbia, IL
- Jason Allan Klug of Arnold, MO
- Bonus kids:
- James (Suzanne) Kugler of Belleville, IL
- Lisa (Robert) Klein of Belleville, IL
- Brother-in-law, Stuart (Carol) Quevreaux of Collinsville, IL
- Sister-in-law, Sandra (Dave) Wrigley of Edwardsville, IL
- William Austin Klug
- Zachary Cole Klug
- Linda (Ken) Krull
- Nancy Hunter
- Other dear nieces, nephews, cousins and friends
Memorial Donations may be made to the Community Interfaith Food Pantry in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: A Funeral Procession will leave Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL at 9:45 am on Wednesday, July 5, 2023, for a 10:30 am Committal Service at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis, MO. with Rev. Scott Douglas officiating.