Verdine T. Hesterberg, nee England, 98, of Belleville, IL, born Tuesday, August 16, 1921, in E. St Louis, IL, died Saturday, January 4, 2020 at St. Paul’s Home in Belleville, IL.
Verdine worked at Bert’s Hardware Store with her husband. She was a member of St. Henry Catholic Church in Belleville, Ladies Club of St. Henry’s, Friendship Club of Belleville and Memorial Hospital Ladies Auxiliary.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: Lilbert F. Hesterberg
- Parents: Thomas F. and Cecilia, nee Bartellemy, England
- Edgar England
- Thomas England
- Irene Elsing
- Dorothy Boehm
Surviving are her:
- Son,: Larry (Christina) Hesterberg of Belleville, IL
- Daughter: Kathy (Roger) Staub of Belleville, IL
- Sister-in-law: Betty England of Freeburg, IL
- Granddaughter: Michelle Buell of St. Louis, MO
- Great grandchildren
- Zachary Buell
- Amanda Buell
Memorials: Memorials or masses may be made to the St. Henry’s Catholic Church
Visitation: Visitation from 9:00 am – 10:00 am Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at St. Henry Catholic Church in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10:00 am on Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at St. Henry Catholic Church in Belleville, IL, with Rev. Kenneth York officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, IL.