Born: October 2, 1938 - Deceased: November 9, 2021
Thomas J “Tom” Robinson, 83, of Swansea, IL, born Sunday, October 2, 1938, in Gage, OK, passed away Tuesday, November 9, 2021; at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Tom worked at St. Louis University and St. Louis Public School District as a special education teacher. He was a member of St. Matthew United Methodist Church in Belleville, IL, Gothic Lodge #852 AF& AM, Scottish Rite Bodies, former member of Ainad Shrine, Hospital Unit and Brass Band. He was active in all forms of music. He played trombone in 5 groups; St. Matthew Orchestra, St. Louis Italian Band, St. Louis Big Band, Venedy Community Band and Belleville Community Band.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents, Virgil Melvin Jack and Alta Mae, nee Kay, Robinson
- Brother, James Roy Robinson
Surviving are his:
- Wife, Judith A., nee Bradshaw, Robinson of Swansea, IL
- Jamie Kay (Doug) Gladden of Perryville, MO
- John David (Julie) Robinson of Zionville, IN
- Jodie Jan (Charles) Braxton of Belleville, IL
- Mackenzie Steiner
- Joel L. Robinson
- Janae Robinson
- Micah J. Robinson
- They also raised 5 Foster Children & assisted 3 International Students through College
Memorials: Memorial donations may be made to music ministry at St. Matthew United Methodist Church in Belleville, IL.
Private family services were held.