Born: August 12, 1965 - Deceased: February 12, 2023
Tammy Marie Chester, nee Shaw, 57, of Swansea, IL, born Thursday, August 12, 1965, in Athens, GA, passed away Sunday, February 12, 2023 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Tammy was an active member of the IMVU Community. She was a fantastic chef and her love of cooking inspired her to pursue her degree in hospitality management. Tammy managed several restaurants including, Cookie Factory and Dunkin Donuts. She was also a line chef at Olive Garden and was a life-long Georgia Buildogs football fan. One of her greatest passions was adopting rescue dogs and providing them with a safe and happy home.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Parents: Newt and Ann, nee Clark, Shaw
- Brother-in-law: Scotty Underwood
- Step-daughter: Lenora Lynett Carlyle
- William Carlyle
- Desmond Carlyle
Surviving are her:
- Husband: Harold Chester of Swansea, IL
- Bruce Gossitte of Swansea, IL
- Derrick Gossitt of Gainsville, GA
- Step-son: Wayne (Becky) Chester of Phenix City, AL
- Tracy (Mark) Almand of Madison, GA
- Karen Underwood of Fayetteville, GA
- Michelle Shaw of Clarksville, GA
- Sister-in-law: Denise (Steven) Lundell of Cherokee, IA
- Grandchild: Dakota Gossitt
- Step-grandchild: Stephen Chester
- Nephew: Evan Gositt
- Several other nieces and nephews
- David (Kay) Hunter-Chester of Lansing, KS
- Jeffrey (Sheryl) Chester of Omaha, NE
- Beloved yorkie: Conner
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Unwed Mothers Organization.
Private family services.