Born: June 3, 1949 - Deceased: June 6, 2019
Steven Ray Schanuel, 70, of Belleville, Illinois, born Friday, June 3, 1949, in Belleville, IL, passed away Thursday, June 6, 2019 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, Illinois.
Steve worked as the head bundler for Cerro Flow Products. He was a marital arts instructor and was an U.S. Army Vietnam War veteran.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: John and Hilda nee Brooks, Schanuel
- Brother: Larry Schanuel
- Sister: Joy Gosnell
Steve was loved by his
- Wife: Vicki, nee Ackmann, Schanuel of Belleville, IL
- Son: James (Melissa) Schanuel of O’Fallon, MO
- 2 daughters
- Cindy Schanuel of Belleville, IL
- Jennifer Schanuel of St. Louis, MO
- 2 sisters
- Mae Morton of Litchfield, IL
- Lavaone Stikeleather of O’Fallon, IL
- 8 grandchildren
- Nieces and nephews
- Extended family
- Special friends
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Gary Sinise Foundation
Memorial Gathering: Memorial Gathering will be held at 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm Friday, June 14, 2019 at Kurrus Funeral Home. A sharing time will be available at 7pm followed by Military Honors.