Born: June 24, 1960 - Deceased: March 7, 2021
Steven Lawrence Mitchell, 60, of Belleville, IL, born Friday, June 24, 1960, in Jersey City, NJ, passed away Sunday, March 7, 2021, at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in O’Fallon, IL.
Steve was a husband, a father, a grandfather, an uncle, and a friend, but most of all, he was Dad and Grandpa (Pop-Pop). He loved his family more than anything and was always there for them. He had all the answers and was a hero to all who knew him. He fostered and encouraged growth in all his children. The world was a better place with him in it, and he will be dearly missed but never forgotten. His legacy will carry on forever through his family. Steve was a System Manager for General Dynamics Information Technology. He was a Veteran who served in the United States Air Force for 22 years.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents, Thomas and Dorothy, nee Tilfer, Mitchell
Surviving are his:
- Wife, Estelle, nee Batchelor, Mitchell of Belleville, IL
- Matthew (fiancée, Michelle Sanford) Mitchell of Shiloh, IL
- Gregory (Jenna) Mitchell of Swansea, IL
- Christopher (fiancée Karla Hamilton) Mitchell
- Brother, Thomas (Therese) Mitchell of Albuquerque, NM
- Cody Mitchell
- Alexander Mitchell
- Kylie Mitchell
- Karson Mitchell
- Numerous dear nieces and nephews
- His best friend, Toby
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Wounded Warrior Project.
Visitation: A public gathering will be held from 3:00 – 8:00 pm, Friday, March 12, 2021, at Kurrus Funeral Home, in Belleville, IL to celebrate his life.