Steven George Ackermann, 74, of Maryville, IL, born Tuesday, October 5, 1948, in Belleville, IL, passed away Sunday, February 5, 2023 at Anderson Hospital in Maryville, IL.
Steven was an Aviation Specialist for US Army Civil Service. He was a Shriner Clown and American Legion and Past Master of Ardmore Masonic Lodge 24 A.F. & A.M. in Alabama. He was a Vietnam US Navy Veteran.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: George Edward and Edna Marie, nee Holle, Ackermann
- Great niece: Caiti Kelly
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Sharon Marie, nee Lacy, Ackermann of Maryville, IL
- Sister: Judy Fietsam of Warrenton, MO
- Niece and Nephews:
- Matthew (Samantha) Lacy of Fairview Heights, IL
- Angel Callahan of Mtn. View, AR
- Dan (Leah) Fietsam of AZ
- Christy (Paul) Williams of Warrenton, MO
- Great-nieces and nephews:
- Kaitlyn Lacy
- Brandon Lacy
- Adam Callahan
- Zachary Callahan
- Levi Callahan
- Elizabeth Masterson
- Caleb Fietsam
- Faith Fietsam
- Eli Fietsam
- 12 great great-nieces and nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Shriners Childrens.
Services: Memorial Gathering will be held at 2:00- 4:00 pm Saturday, February 11, 2023 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL. Private interment will be held at Lake View Memorial Gardens in Fairview Hgts., IL at a later date.
I’m so sorry I missed this. Steve was a great guy. Lots of memories with him