Born: January 10, 1929 - Deceased: March 18, 2021
SSGT William Joseph Jacobus Ret, 92, of Belleville, IL, born Thursday, January 10, 1929, in East St. Louis, IL, passed away Thursday, March 18, 2021 at his residence in Belleville, IL.
Bill was a truck driver for REA Express Trucking Co. He was a member of St. Peters Cathedral Church in Belleville IL, Millstadt and Belleville Sister Cities organizations, Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War, Colonel Friedrich Hecker Camp #443 and St. Clair Co. Genealogical Society. He was a Veteran of the U.S. Army and honorably served in the Korean War.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Infant son: Mark Jacobus
- Parents: Joubert F. and Bertha, nee Schmersahl, Jacobus
- Infant brother: Robert Jacobus
- Betty Simpson
- Joan Jacobus
- Brother-in-law: Oliver John Rhein
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Barbara Ann, nee Rhein, Jacobus of Belleville, IL
- William Scott Jacobus of St. Charles, MO
- John (Christine) Jacobus of Columbia, IL
- Michael Jacobus
- Ainsley Jacobus
- Diane (Ray) Herr of Belleville, IL
- Sandra Swanson of Dallas, TX
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the St. Joseph Institute for the Deaf in Brentwood, MO
Visitation: Visitation from 10:00 am to 11:00am on Monday March 22, 2021 at St. Peters Cathedral Church in Belleville IL.
Funeral: Mass of Christian burial will be held at 11:00 am on Monday March 22, 2021 at St. Peters Cathedral Church in Belleville IL. with Msgr. John Myler officiating. Interment will follow at Holy Cross Cemetery, Fairview Heights, IL.