Shirley J. Rank, nee Theobald, 74, of Belleville, IL, born Friday, November 1, 1946, to Harold “Chick” J. Theobald and Wanda Jean, nee Bixby, Theobald, passed away the morning of, Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at Barnes-Jewish Hospital after a difficult battle with liver disease.
Mrs. Rank resigned from the F. M. Stamper Company of St. Louis in 1971, and retired from St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in 2008 after 28 years of service. She was a member of Signal Hill Lutheran Church in Belleville, IL. Shirley became engaged to Kenneth in August of 1965 and they married on May 21, 1966. A surprise celebration of their golden anniversary was held in 2016, and the family looked forward to celebrating other milestones.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Parents: Harold Jake and Wanda, nee Bixby, Theobald
- Kenneth and Mildred (Kast) Rank Sr.
- Gerald L. Rank
- Numerous aunts and uncles whom influenced her life.
Surviving are her:
- Husband: Kenneth Rank Jr.
- Son: Timothy
- Daughter: Elizabeth (Matthew) DeSuza
- Eleanor Rank
- Maureen, Haley and David Calhoun
- Dakota DeSuza
- Aunt: Lavonne (Junge) Theobald for whom she owed so much
- Brother: Jerry Lee Theobald
- Numerous other family and friends
Memorials: In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation to St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
Funeral: There will be no services or visitation at this time, with a private memorial gathering to be held at a later date.
Ken, Tim, Elizabeth, and Eleanor,
I am so saddened to hear of the loss of Shirley. She was a loving woman and wonderful grandmother for Eleanor. I learned alot from her after Eleanor was born and she always fave loving advice. May your hearts be touched in healing.