Born: November 22, 1949 - Deceased: October 7, 2022
Ronald Etter, 72, of Belleville, IL, born Tuesday, November 22, 1949, in Mt. Olive, NC, passed away Friday, October 7, 2022, at St. Louis University Hospital in Saint Louis, MO.
Ron was a highway maintainer for the State of Illinois. He was a member of Damascus Road Fellowship Church in Belleville, IL, VFW Post #5691 and American Legion Post #365 both of Collinsville, IL. He was a Veteran of the United States Army serving during the Vietnam War. Dad loved making things, loved watching anything about history and spending time with family and friends.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents, Junior and Jennie, nee Price, Etter
- Brother, Shelton Etter
Surviving are his:
- Loving wife, Rhonda K., nee Beckner, Etter of Belleville, IL
- Jennifer (Larry) Cole of DuQuoin, IL
- Lesley Etter of Leland, NC
- Keith Haas of Belleville, IL
- Kim (Pete) Linsky of Pensacola, FL
- Brother, Chris (Michelle) Etter of Freeburg, IL
- Jaxson Cole
- Austin Cole
- Kailani Linsky
- Aero Linsky
- Dear nieces, nephews and cousins
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the National Kidney Foundation or VFW in Collinsville, IL.
Visitation: Visitation from 4:00 – 8:00 pm, Wednesday, October 12, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 1:00 pm, Thursday, October 13, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Vance Vyers officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, IL.