Born: May 6, 1939 - Deceased: February 28, 2022
Roger D. Thierry, 82, of Belleville, IL, born Saturday, May 6, 1939, in Belleville IL, passed away Monday, February 28, 2022 at his residence.
At the young age of 17, Roger’s father, Lloyd, signed the papers for him to join the United States Navy. He served aboard several diesel class submarines. After returning to Belleville from serving his country, Roger met the love of his life, Sharon, and they soon married. They had two daughters that they adored. In 1975, his wife Sharon sadly passed away from Breast Cancer leaving him to raise his two young girls on his own.
Roger was fortunate to retire early and was able to enjoy his favorite sport of golf at his favorite course Elmwood. He loved spending time with his three grandsons camping, weekend sleepovers, boating and yearly family vacations.
Roger will truly be missed by family and friends.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Wife, Sharon, nee Bond, Thierry
- Parents, Lloyd and Elsie, nee Crunelle, Thierry
- Paul Thierry
- Lloyd Thierry
- Vivian Peter
- Bertie Mortenson
- Rose Ann Sorrentino
Surviving are his:
- Tina (Todd) Crossley of Belleville, IL
- Teresa (Troy) Daenzer of Belleville, IL
- Three grandsons:
- Cory Daenzer, a Design Engineer at Triad Mfg. (fiancé Macey Weemer, a Mirco Biologist Analyst at Infinity Laboratories )
- Austin Crossley a Police Officer with St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department
- Justin Daenzer an RN at St. Lukes Hospital
- Many loving cousins with one very special cousin Christine Johnson Wolf
- Nieces, Nephews and friends.
Visitation: Visitation from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, Tuesday, March 8, 2022, at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: will be held at 1:00 pm, Tuesday, March 8, 2022, at Kurrus, with Dr. Joe Scheets officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory in Belleville, IL.