Born: March 24, 1949 - Deceased: April 30, 2021
Robert Lee Shields, 72, of Belleville, Illinois, was born on Thursday, March 24, 1949. On April 30, 2021, surrounded by his wife and children, Robert went home to be with Jesus.
Robert married Linda on October 20, 1979, and together they have four children, Rosie, Kyle, Christine, and Brandon. Robert was a devoted and loving spouse, as well as a very caring and fun father. Throughout the years, he worked at Stag Brewery and Belleville School District #118. He was a very hard worker and very strong. He loved building things, and helping others, but as years passed and his health declined, Robert would enjoy car rides with Linda and watching the show, “Gunsmoke”. He was a favorite to many and will be remembered for his funny, yet kind and caring ways. Robert will be remembered as a fighter, he fought till the very end.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Brother: Eugene May
- Sister-in-law: Carol Deffenbaugh
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Linda, nee Kramer, Shields
- Rosie (Pete) Hoffman of Smithton, IL
- Kyle Shields (Fiancée Brianna) of Belleville, IL
- Christine Shields of Belleville, IL
- Brandon Shields of Swansea, IL
- Mother: Doris, nee Driver, May of Belleville, IL
- Brother: David (Georgia) May of Belleville, IL
- Special cousin: Dale (Sharon) Woodruff of Millstadt, IL
- Brother’s and sister’s- law
- Michael (Janis) Kramer
- Gail (Kevin) Davis
- Jane (Calvin) Kendrick
- Susan (Ken) Genin
- David (Marcella) Kramer
- Maryann (Jay) Schnur
- Other cousins, nieces and nephews.
John 17:4 – I have glorified Thee on the Earth: I have finished the work which Thou has given me to do.
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Shields Family C/O Linda Shields
Visitation: Visitation from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm, Saturday, May 8, 2021 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 1:00 pm, Saturday, May 8, 2021 at Kurrus Funeral Home. Interment will follow at Green Mount Protestant Cemetery, Belleville, IL.