Born: July 23, 1935 - Deceased: March 22, 2020
Robert Campbell, 84, of Belleville, IL, born Tuesday, July 23, 1935 in Mercer, PA, passed away Sunday, March 22, 2020 at Sycamore Village Assisted Living in Swansea, IL.
After 27 years of service in the Air Force as a communication specialist and also serving in the Vietnam War, he pursed other careers including, United Technology and Granite City Steel. He was a member of Prospect Park United Methodist Church in Fairview Heights IL.
He had a wonderful sense of humor and love of family and friends that will be sorely missed.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Edwin and Martha, nee Mowry, Campbell
- Many brothers and sisters
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Helen, nee Scabavea, Campbell of Belleville, IL
- Dawna (Alfred) Fennewald of New Baden, IL
- Andy Drummond of Belleville, IL
- Julie Terry of Kingston Springs, TN
- Vicki Mason of Peachtree City, GA
- Bobby Campbell Jr. of Dickson, TN
- Sister: Betty Sopher of Grove City, PA
- Numerous nieces, nephews grandchildren and great grandchildren.
Memorials: In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to https://www.lbda.org/ways_to_give
Funeral: Memorial Service will be held at a later date with Rev. Karen Oplt officiating. Interment will follow at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, MO.