Born: November 27, 1942 - Deceased: June 29, 2022
Robert “Bob” Schobert, 79, of Belleville, IL, born Friday, November 27, 1942, in St. Louis, MO, passed away Wednesday, June 29, 2022, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in Saint Louis, MO.
Bob was the co-owner of Bi-County Glass in Belleville, IL. Bi-County Bob, as many knew him, was one of a kind, he loved his family more than anything. In his early 30’s you might have seen him at the track on his Motorcycle, he was a member of Belleville Enduro Team. Bob enjoyed many years of league bowling at various local Alleys. In his early 40’s you would find him at Top Hat Tavern shooting pool in the pool league, if not there he would be out cuttin a rug at Bobby’s. An entrepreneur that started Bi-County Glass back in the 80’s with a friend/coworker, he built a business there until his retirement. He was a self-made man that could fix anything!
He was preceded in death by his:
- Daughter, Sandra Schobert
- Parents, Lawrence “Butch” and Zerita, nee Geolat, Schobert
- Sister, Patty Jansen
- Brother, Donald Ramirez
- Brother-in-law, Joseph Grefenkamp
Surviving are his:
- Wife, Merideth “Merry” Thierry of Belleville, IL
- Bobby (Lori Ozee) Stirrup of Belleville, IL
- Mike (Laurie) Schobert of Belleville, IL
- Christy (Tony) Licavoli of Arnold, MO
- Janice Grefenkamp of Fenton, MO
- Judy (Jim) Halwachs of Collinsville, IL
- Brother-in-law, Roger Jansen of Lebanon, IL
- Jenna Kay Schobert
- Anthony (Hannah Kaiser) Lanzante
- Matthew Lanzante
- Austin Schobert
- Great grandchildren:
- Bane Hoernis
- Aspen Lanzante
- Many dear nieces, nephews and cousins
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society.
Visitation: Visitation from 10:00 – 12:40 pm, Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Cemetery: A Funeral procession will leave at 12:40 pm, on Wednesday, July 6, 2022 from Kurrus Funeral Home for a 1:00 pm Graveside Service at Walnut Hill Cemetery in Belleville, IL.
A Celebration of Life will be held at a later date.