Born: December 22, 1947 - Deceased: February 16, 2021
Robert (Bob) Michael Crane, 73, of Belleville, IL, born Monday, December 22, 1947, in Dearborn, MI, passed away Tuesday, February 16, 2021, at his residence in Belleville, IL.
Bob easily befriended everyone he met — his positivity, sense of humor and intelligence made it hard for anyone to leave him a stranger. If you were lucky enough to be part of Bob’s family, he put you first and was always there to lend a listening ear, share a good laugh, or help you in any way that he could.
Bob was a Public Service Administrator for the State of Illinois. He was a member of Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church Belleville IL, and was a US Army Veteran.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Thomas and Helen, nee Elliot, Crane
- Hugh Muson
- Foster White
- Sister: Virgina “Ginny” McElhone
- Sister-in-law, Nyla Crane
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Genia, nee Clay, Crane of Biloxi, MS
- Son: Jonathan Michael Crane of Bronx, NY
- Daughter: Stephanie Clay Crane of Brooklyn, NY
- Bill (Nylia) Crane of Vancouver, Canada
- Thomas (Peggy) Crane of Grand Blanc, MI
- Skee (Foster) White of Houston, TX
- Kit Munson of Blacksbury, VA
- Maggie (Charlie) Reynolds of Eagle, ID
Memorials: In lieu of flowers, please consider making a donation in memory of Bob to the Day Care Council of New York at http://www.dccnyinc.org/donate or by sending a check to Day Care Council of New York, Attn: Andrea Anthony, 1430 Broadway, Suite 404, New York, NY 10018.