Robert “Bob” L. Stuntz, 86, of Belleville, IL, born Sunday, March 29, 1936, in East St. Louis, IL, passed away Friday, June 17, 2022, at Liberty Village of Maryville in Maryville, IL.
Bob was an Engineer for the United States Government. He was a member of MAC- Mo Athletic Club, Belleville/Swansea Moose Lodge #1221, and Elks Lodge #664 in Fairview Heights. He enjoyed dancing, traveling and playing cards. Bob served in the U. S. Army during the Korean War.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Wife, Emelene L., nee Heisserer, Stuntz
- Parents, John Arlington and Anna, nee Eisiminger, Stuntz
- Sister and brother-in-law, Justine and Jim Younger
- Longtime companion, Judy Spors
Surviving are his:
- Anne Younger of Belleville, IL
- Ellen (Daniel ) Ritz of Effingham, IL
- Alice Younger (Helen Antoine) of Kirkwood, MO
- Great nephews and niece:
- James (Amber) Ritz of Hartland, WI
- Neil (Hailey) Ritz of Dallas, GA
- Brian Ritz of Nashville, TN
- Taylor Ritz of Effingham, IL
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the First United Presbyterian Church of Belleville, the Belleville/ Swansea Moose Lodge #1221 or the Elks Lodge #664 of Fairview Heights.
Visitation: Visitation from 10:00 – 11:00 am, Friday, July 1, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Memorial Service will be held at 11:00 am, Friday, July 1, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Alexandra Lysdahl officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory in Belleville, IL.
Bob and I were very good friends. He was married to my birth mother Emmy for many years and they enjoyed their time together. Bob and I enjoyed spirited conversations together! He will be missed by many friends and family members! My sympathies go out to his loved ones especially his Neice, Ann Younger.
Bob was a wonderful, kind man. I remember our dancing days and going to the Missouri Athletic Club. He loved to spend time with his family who he loved very much. May Bob Rest In Peace.