Born: February 4, 1936 - Deceased: May 20, 2023
Robert “Bob” L. Rettle, 87, of Belleville IL, born February 4, 1936, passed away Saturday, May 20, 2023 in the presence of his cherished wife and dear children. Bob and Paula shared a joyous 32-year marriage of mutual respect, care and devotion, and he will be deeply missed.
Bob retired from Union Electric (now Ameren Missouri) with 35 years of service in roles from lineman to computer programmer. Bob enjoyed volunteering to support swim team and school activities when his children were young. He enjoyed family vacations at Kentucky Lake. Bob had a beautiful voice and shared this gift with Our Lady Queen of Peace parish and the Belleville Philharmonic Chorale over the years. In later years, Bob kept fit by swimming and played in a billiards league at the Swansea Improvement Hall. Bob also derived great joy from the time he and Paula spent with their dogs and visiting the family farm.
Preceding Bob in death are his:
- Parents, Charles (“Kelly”) Rettle and Reva (nee Denny) Rettle
Surviving are his:
- Wife, Paula, nee Deems, Rettle of Belleville, IL
- His children:
- Kim (Joe) Evans of East Carondelet, IL
- Kay Rye of Fairview Hts, IL
- Jo (Dave) Wuebbels of Shiloh, IL
- Bob (Trish) Rettle of Edwardsville, IL
- Peggy (Lamont) Rudock of Columbia, IL
- Jayne (Aaron) Rettle of Belleville, IL
- Stepdaughter, Susan (Randy) Fischer
- Sister, Delores (nee Rettle) Gantt
- Carol Rettle, nee Schaefer, his children’s mother
- Rebecca (Daniel) Meyer
- Adam (Jennifer) Hoock
- Jesse (Minnie) Rye
- Annie (Sam) Rye
- Allyssa Wuebbels Thompson
- Nicole Wuebbels
- Stella and Evie Rettle
- Greg and Mike Rudock
- Christian, Matt, and Gracie Paul
- Many great grandchildren
Memorials: In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Belleville Area Humane Society.
Visitation: Visitation from 10:30 am – 1:00 pm, Friday, May 26. 2023 at Kurrus Funeral Home in, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Memorial Service will be held at 1:00 pm, Friday, May 26, 2023 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Fr. Salvador Gonzalez, OMI officiating. Private Interment.