Richard W. Klemm, 84, of Belleville, IL, born Friday, April 5, 1935, in Chicago, IL, passed away Sunday, July 21, 2019 in St. Louis, MO.
He was a member of Belleville & Smithton Lions Clubs and Memorial Hospital Auxiliary-Book Bazaar. He worked as a Director of Financial Aid for Shiner College in Mt. Carroll, IL., Parks College in Cahokia, IL. and Fontbonne University in Clayton, MO. He served a tour of duty in Korea for the U.S. Army.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Bernard and Edith, nee Helbing, Klemm
Surviving are his:
- Wife of 59 years: Ann L., nee Schmiedicke, Klemm of Swansea, IL
- Son: Robert W. (Sheri) Klemm of Baton Rouge, LA
- 3 grandchildren
- Peyton Klemm of Dallas, TX
- Jordan Klemm of Baton Rouge, LA
- Mason Klemm of Baton Rouge, LA
- Sister: Bernadine (Fred) Gradous of Minneapolis, MN
- Brother-in-law: Fredrick Gradous
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Belleville Area Humane Society, Cahokia Mounds Museum Society, 30 Ramey Street, Collinsville, IL 62234.
Memorial Gathering: memorial Gathering will be held 1:00pm – 4:00pm, Saturday, July 27, 2019 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Dick was a good member of both the Belleville and Smithton Lions Club . As President I wish to send our Sympathy to the family of Richard Klemm. May he Rest In Peace
Condolences from your grade school Rose Street Neighbor. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to notify our classmates.