Rebecca Jo Samples, 68, of Caseyville, IL, born Monday, March 1, 1954, in Marion, IL, passed away Tuesday, August 23, 2022, at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Rebecca was a security officer for Whelen Security Company. She was a member of the Golden Girls Fan Club.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Parents: James Leon and Mary Winifred, nee McMullen, Simmons
- Greg Simmons
- James Simmons.
Surviving are her:
- Terra Johnson of Caseyville, IL
- Chad (Katie) Wintizer of Millstadt, IL
- Gabe (Vanessa) Samples of Crestwood, MO
- Jessica (Anthony) Wheelehan of Honolulu, HI
- Sara Samples of Honolulu, HI
- Brother: Marty Simmons of Marion, IL
- Sarah Hale of Marion, IL
- Janet (Jim) Dawes of Liberty Hill, TX
- Courtney Wintizer
- Guy Marlin
- Megan Wintizer
- Dillon Johnson
- Madyson Johnson
- Miranda Johnson
- Cameron Samples
- Carson Wintizer
- Liala Samples
- Vivian Cankar
- Anthony Wheelehan Jr.
- Jonah Wheelehan
- Jasmine Aubuchon
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Diabetes Association.
Visitation: Visitation from 2:00 – 4:00 pm, Sunday, August 28, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Private family interment.
My sister had a big heart and a sweet soul. She loved her family, children, and grandkids immensely. I hope she’s at peace and hugging mom, dad, and her brothers. She will be missed 💜
Thanks Aunt Janet! She really wanted you at her funeral! She loved and missed you so much! Love and hugs sent