Born: January 27, 1947 - Deceased: June 4, 2019
Peter Lee Rapp Sr, 72, of Fairview Heights, IL. born January 27, 1947 in East St. Louis, IL., passed away on Tuesday, June 4th 2019 at Anderson Hospital surrounded by his loving family.
Pete was a proud veteran of the U.S. Army National Guard. After retiring as a truck driver for over 50 years Pete took some time to have fun with his wife Jo. Pete enjoyed life to the fullest; he played hard but worked even harder. His love of fun and family inspired him to be an active member of the Belleville Gear-Jammers and race go carts at Bed Rock. He was a lifetime member of the Belleville Little Devils Football Club and a great friend and neighbor to anyone who needed him. Watching and cheering at his grandchildren’s sporting and school events his days were full of great joy at their accomplishments with pride and hope for each of their futures.
Preceded in death by his:
- First wife: Margie, nee Robinson, Rapp
- Parents: Peter Nicholas Rapp and Florence Rapp Wolf
- Mother-in-law: Minnie Paule
Pete is survived by his:
- Loving wife: Joanne “Jo” Rapp, nee Paule of 16 years
- Sister: Carol Ann (Frank) Zarzecki
- Five children
- Peter L. (Cari) Rapp, Jr.
- Jason T. (Jana) Rapp
- Brandee A. (Dustin) Wiggins
- Susan C. Sommer
- Elizabeth A. (Brian) Lawinger
As Papa he relished in the joy of being a grandparent to:
- 11 grandchildren
- Carter Rapp
- Carson Rapp
- Evan Rapp
- Brayden Wiggins
- Megan Pellegrin
- Tucker Fox
- Geneva Fox
- Sarah Lawinger
- Kevin Lawinger
- David Lawinger
- James Lawinger
- 1 great grandchild: Raymond Fox
Extended loving family includes:
- Nephew: Jeff (Robin) Zarzecki
- Niece: Beth Catanzaro
- Diane (Tom Strauss) Schutzenhofer
- Deborah (Tom) Wolf
- Many great nieces and nephews who will always love and remember him
- He leaves behind so many friends
- Best friend: John Hankley who was like his brother
Memorials: In lieu of flowers please give to Leap’s of Love, in memory of his great nephew, Caleb Zarzecki, VITAS Hospice Care or Washington University Stoke Research.
Visitation: Visitation from 1:00 to 5:00pm on Sunday June 9, 2019 at Kurrus Funeral Home.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 5:00pm on Sunday, June 9, 2019 at the Kurrus Funeral Home with Raymond Doussard officiating. Private family interment.