Born: September 11, 1942 - Deceased: August 4, 2019
On August 4, 2019 our beloved Mother, Paula K Reuss, nee Brasel passed away at Barnes Jewish Hospital. Over the past few years she has endured several health struggles and is finally at peace. While her children were young, Mom relished in her role as a stay home mother and homemaker and for the past 25 years became known as “The Jewelry Lady” at T.J.Maxx in Fairview Heights, IL. She enjoyed the many friendships she made with her customers over the years and also spending time with her grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Parents Paul and Bessie, nee Weshinskey, Brasel
- Son, Ryan B. Reuss
Mom is survived by her:
- Son, Scott L. Reuss of Belleville, IL
- Tamie S. Comley of St. Louis, MO
- Julie K. Kelly of Countryside, IL
- Dear grandchildren:
- Kirsten Reuss
- Cameron Reuss
- Kelcie Comley
- Kaylie Comley
- Cara Kelly
- Emily Kelly
- Luke Kelly
- Great granddaughter Bailey Jones
- Brother Ron (Jerry) Brasel of Kirkwood, MO
- Sister Sue (John) Baine of Thompsonville, IL
- Daughter-in law Laura Reuss
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Diabetes Association.
A celebration of life will be held at Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL on Wednesday, August 7, 2019 from 4 – 6pm with a Memorial Service at 6pm.