Born: June 19, 1927 - Deceased: August 13, 2019
Nicholas “Nick” S. Markuly, 92, of Belleville, IL, born Sunday, June 19, 1927, in Macedonia, Greece, died Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at Cedar Ridge Health & Rehab Center in Lebanon, IL.
Nick owned Markuly’s Jewelry Store in Belleville and was an active member of St. Constantine & Helen Greek Orthodox Church.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Sotirios & Sophia, nee Kotou, Marcoulis
- 2 sister
- Meropi Korovesi
- Iordana Rempovski
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Patsy, nee Borsis, Markuly of Belleville, IL
- Son: Dr. Soti Markuly of Chicago, IL
- Sister: Aliki Stavrevska of Skopia, Macedonia
- Sister-in-law: Elaine (Nick) Gojmeric of Smithton, IL
- Brother-in-law: Tony Vlahek of O’Fallon, IL
- Nieces and nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the St. Constantine & Helen Greek Orthodox Church of Swansea, IL.
Visitation: Visitation from 4:00 – 8:00 pm Friday, August 16, 2019 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL. A Trisagio service at 7pm Friday.
Funeral: A funeral procession will leave from Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL at 9:45 am, Saturday, August 17, 2019 for a 10:00 am service at St. Constantine & Helen Greek Orthodox Church in Swansea, IL with Fr. Achilles Karathanos & Fr. Radomir Chkavtovich officiating. Interment will follow at Mount Hope Cemetery, Belleville, IL.