Born: December 20, 1957 - Deceased: November 26, 2021
Msgt. Julio E. Galan, 63, of Fairview Heights, IL, born Friday, December 20, 1957, in Bronx, NY, passed away Friday, November 26, 2021; at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in Saint Louis, MO.
Julio was an Air Force Flight Medic for 27 years, while serving in the Vietnam era and Desert Storm wars. He was a member of Faith Family Church in Shiloh IL; Past Master of East Lodge #504 AF & AM; Scottish Rite Bodies; Past Sovereign Prince; Ainad Shrine; Directors Staff; York Rite Bodies; Air Force Sgt’s Association, and the American Legion in Collinsville.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Jose and Clotilde nee Aponte, Galan
- 6 brothers and sisters
- Beloved nieces and nephews
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Debbie J. nee Cerezo, Galan of Fairview Heights, IL
- Karlo Matanzo of Fairview Heights, IL
- Kristel Galan of Fairview Heights, IL
- Emmanuel Galan of Swansea, IL
- Cesar Galan of Swansea, IL
- Virginia (Neftali) Pacheco
- Denise Diaz
- Linda (Bonnie) Diaz
- Lisette (James) Smith
- Many dear nieces and nephews
- Grandson: Ricardojose Galan
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Shriner’s Hospital, or East Lodge #504.
Visitation: Visitation from 4:00 – 8:00 pm, Friday, December 3, 2021 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL with a Masonic Service at 7 pm.
Funeral: Funeral Service will be held at 7:30 pm, Friday, December 3, 2021 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Pastor Corey Haghighi officiating. Private interment at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, MO.
Viewing: Live streaming can be viewed at www.facebook.com/KurrusFH at 7:30 pm.