Born: August 16, 1925 - Deceased: May 23, 2021
Mitchell W. Mezyk Sr., Sr., 95, of Belleville, IL, born Sunday, August 16, 1925, in East St. Louis, IL, passed away peacefully Sunday, May 23, 2021 at St. Paul’s Home in Belleville, IL with family by his side.
Mitchell worked as a meat cutter for Armour Company. He was a member of St. Henry Catholic Church, Belleville IL and enjoyed going to the casino, loved horse racing and spending time with his grandchildren and great grandchildren. Mitchell was a United States Army Veteran serving in World War II.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Wife, Dolores M., nee Rigney, Mezyk
- Son, Mitchell W. Mezyk, Jr.
- Parents, Andrew and Lottie, nee Motyka, Mezyk
- Granddaughter, Kerri Michele Voigt
- Paul Mezyk
- John Mezyk
- Walter Mezyk
- Frank Mezyk
- Sister, Helen Reiff
- Son-in-law, Richard Klotz
Surviving are his:
- Kathleen (Kenneth) Voigt of Belleville, IL
- Michele Klotz of Freeburg, IL
- Anthony J. (Karen) Mezyk of Freeburg, IL
- Walter J. (Robyn) Mezyk of Marissa, IL
- Daughter-in-law, Cathy Mezyk of Belleville, IL
- Renee Mezyk
- Bryan Mezyk
- Ryan (Carrie) Klotz
- Rachel (Jeremy) Baldridge
- Kristi (Richard) Wilson
- Nicholaus Mezyk
- Kimberlee (Jeff) Hanewinkel
- Miranda (Joey) Ingram
- 14 Great grandchildren
- Nieces, Nephews, Cousins and friends
Special thanks to Shannon Dey and the staff at Bradford Assisted Living in Swansea and to St. Paul’s Senior Community Living in Belleville.
Memorials: In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to donor’s choice.
Visitation: Visitation will be held from 9:00 am – 11:00 am, Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 11:00 am, Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Kenneth York officiating. Interment will follow at St. Adalbert Cemetery, Fairview Heights, IL.