Born: April 22, 1927 - Deceased: December 19, 2022
Maxine “Joyce” Fry, nee Elam, 95, of Belleville, IL, born Friday, April 22, 1927, in Fulton County, KY, passed away Monday, December 19, 2022 at her residence in Belleville, IL.
Joyce was a member of St. Matthew United Methodist Church in Belleville, IL where she volunteered at the thrift shop for many years. She was active in the Christian Women’s Club at church and was an avid bowler for over 50 years.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband, Billy C. Fry
- Parents, John C. Sr. and Mattie, nee Rowlett, Elam
- Brother, John C. Elam, Jr.
- Mary Irvine
- Sue White
Surviving are her:
- Kathy McDonald of Swansea, IL
- Karen (Mike) Fry Hammann of Gilbert, AZ
- Mary Ann (Brian) Lindsay of Madison, AL
- Brother, Fred (Mary Sue) Elam of Marietta, GA
- Steven Steffan, Jr.
- Nathan (Rebecca) Lindsay
- Katie (Jeremy) Gargis
- Kevin (Brittney) Hammann
- Clay (Kaylie) Lindsay
- Great grandchildren:
- Penelope, Amelia and Bentley Gargis
- Caroline and Margaret Lindsay
- Jay Lindsay
- Khloee and Braxton Hammann
- Many nieces & nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to St. Matthew UMC, Salvation Army or Family Hospice.
Visitation: Visitation from 10:00 – 11:00 am, Wednesday, December 21, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Memorial Service will be held at 11:00 am, Wednesday, December 21, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Larry Patton officiating.