Born: October 24, 1973 - Deceased: August 1, 2020
Matthew S. Perkins, 46, of Belleville, IL born Wednesday, October 24, 1973, in Belleville, IL, passed away Saturday, August 1, 2020, at St. Louis University Hospital in St. Louis, MO.
Matthew graduated from BTHS East in Belleville, IL and went on to get his degree in mechanics from Indiana Technical Institute in Indianapolis, IN. He was extremely gifted in using his mechanical skills on vehicles and boats alike. He worked at Firestone in Indianapolis part time while in school then came back home and worked at Firestone in Belleville. He also worked at Gateway Truck Stop in Madison, IL as a diesel mechanic. He enjoyed working on marine motors at Belleville Sport Sales. He finally settled down and worked as a Heavy Equipment Operator in the construction business. He enjoyed working on golf carts, watching car racing and wrestling on television. He loved to stop by his favorite bar, Schatze’s to have a few beers with friends and favorite bartender, Cayla. Anyone who has ever met Matthew has said he is the nicest honest guy you would ever meet. He never said a bad word about anyone.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Robert and Alberta (Steinmann) Belt
- Harold and Kathleen (Burress) Perkins
- Joseph and Ruth (Sager) McGarry
Surviving are his:
- Mother and father: Mary Kay (Belt) and Patrick McGarry of Belleville, IL
- Joseph R. (Valerie) McGarry of O’Fallon, IL
- Patrick M. (Lauren) McGarry of Edwardsville, IL
- Nieces and nephew: Payton, Bailey and Ella,
- Aunts and uncles
- Carol Skelton of Littleton, CO
- Garry and Karen Perkins of St. Peters, MO
- Nick and Lois Hebel of Columbia, IL
- John and Kathy McGarry of Waterloo, IL
- Joe and Toni McGarry of St. Louis, MO
- Debbie Reynolds of St. Louis, MO
- Kim Reinhardt of St. Charles, MO
- Sam and Jen Perkins of O’Fallon, MO
- Chad and Mel Skelton of Littleton, CO
- Nick Reynolds of Dupo, IL
- Tim and Kristen Reynolds of East Carondelet, IL
- Megan and Shane Sipes of Ballwin, MO
- Tyler and Liz Pimentel Hebel of Trenton, IL
- Michael McGarry of Millstadt, IL
- Best friend: Dan Pauley of Belleville, IL
- Many other great aunts and uncles, cousins and friends
Memorial: Memorials may be made to the family to cover funeral expenses c/o Mary Kay McGarry.
Visitation: Visitation from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm, Sunday, August 9, 2020 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Services: Memorial Service will be held at 1:00 pm Sunday, August 9, 2020 at Kurrus Funeral Home with Pastor Jon Tinge officiating. Interment will be held at Valhalla Garden of Memory in Belleville, IL.