Born: February 20, 1931 - Deceased: February 14, 2022
Mary Mozelle Davis, nee Stolte, 90, of Millstadt, IL, born February 20, 1931 in Honolulu, Territory of Hawaii, died February 14, 2022 at Freeburg Care Center, Freeburg, IL.
Mary was one of the most selfless, humble individuals you would ever meet. Her heart was to be helping her family, children and friends. She often would bless others in a ‘behind-the-scenes’ way. As a spouse, she was faithful to Joe for 70 years of marriage. Mary was a sacrificing, loving mother and a wonderful ‘Granny’ to her grandchildren. Her prayer for her family was that they would all experience God’s best in their lives.
Mary was a member of the O’Fallon Assembly of God church. Her greatest love was for her Savior Jesus Christ, so she is doing just fine now in Heaven!!! Reading God’s Word and worshipping at church were so important to her.
She really loved babies! For 50 years she served as the nursery caregiver in her church. Her impeccable embroidery work and seamstress skills blessed many. Also, singing alto in the church choir was something she enjoyed. This love for music was passed on to her children. Mary took enjoyment in reading, crossword puzzles, studying birds, planting trees, sewing, deer hunting and being with her grandchildren.
Mary was preceded in death by her:
- Daughter, Debra Lynette Comstock (nee Davis)
- Father, R. Arthur Stolte
- Mother, Susanna Stolte (nee Van Eizenga)
- Sister & brother-in-law, Carolyn Fay (John) McCarty (nee Stolte)
- Granddaughter, Evonne Rachel Koehn (stillborn)
- Mother-in-law & father-in-law, William Oliver & Naomi Pearl Davis
Mary is survived by her:
- Husband of 70 years, Joseph Oliver Davis of Millstadt, IL
- Daughter, Dana Sue Koehn (nee Davis) of Millstadt, IL
- Son-in-law, Robert (Marsha) Comstock Jr. of Belleville, IL
- Half-sister, Paula Kombrink (nee Stolte) of O’Fallon, IL
- 6 Grandchildren:
- Robert L. (Tammy) Comstock III of Belleville, IL
- Amy B. Vernon (nee Comstock) of Harve de Grace, MD
- Rebekah S. Comstock of Belleville, IL
- Andrew J. (Stephanie) Comstock of Frederick, MD
- Elizabeth A. (Derek) Gowen (nee Koehn) of Angola, IN
- Joshua D. Koehn of Kirkwood, MO
- 9 Great-grandchildren:
- Anna Comstock
- Madison Vernon
- Lynette Comstock
- William Comstock
- Mikayla Comstock
- Bryant Gowen
- Mason Gowen
- Connor Gowen
- Tyler Gowen
- Brother and Sister-in-laws:
- Joyce Davis of Madisonville, KY
- Paul Davis of Belleville, IL
- Dale and Evie Davis of Waxahachie, TX
- Dear nieces, nephews and cousins
Memorials: In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to O’Fallon Assembly of God or Belleville First Assembly of God.
Visitation: Visitation from 5:00pm – 8:00pm, Friday, February 18th 2022, at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL and from 12:00pm – 1:00pm, Saturday, February 19th, 2022 at O’Fallon Assembly of God in O’Fallon, IL.
Funeral: Funeral Service will be held at 1:00pm, Saturday, February 19th, 2022 at O’Fallon Assembly of God in O’Fallon, IL with Pastor Don Andreason officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens in Fairview Heights, IL.