Born: March 4, 1929 - Deceased: November 22, 2022
Mary C. Wiegel, nee Hinriches, 93, of Belleville, IL, born Monday, March 4, 1929, in Pontiac, IL, passed away Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at Four Fountains Convalescent Center in Belleville, IL.
Mary was an office worker for many companies. She was a member of St. Theresa’s Catholic Church, Belleville, IL, “Young At Heart” Senior Group at St. Teresa’s Catholic Church, American Legion Post #6 in Prescott Valley, AZ. She served in the Navy during the Korean War.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband, Henry Wiegel
- Parents, Carl and Mary Josephine, nee Mullen, Hinriches
- Brother, James Hinriches
- Step-daughter, Karol Anderson
Surviving are her:
- Marie (Rob) Coan of Fairview Heights, IL
- Kathleen Belton of Fairview Heights, IL
- Karl (Char) Wiegel of Waconia, MN
- Keith (Glynnis) Wiegel of La Crosse, WI
- Linda (Tom) Ventrilli of Gurney, IL
- Virginia (John) of Kapelanski, Neshkoro, WI
- 19 grandchildren
- many great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren
- several nieces & nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Greater St. Louis Honor Flight, GSLhonorflight.org.
Visitation: A Memorial Gathering will be from 4:00 – 7:00 pm on Monday, December 5, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: A Memorial Service will be held at 7:00 pm on Monday, December 5, 2022 at Kurrus Funeral Home with Fr. Clyde Grogan officiating.
Interment: Funeral procession will leave Kurrus Funeral Home on Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 9:45am for a 10:30 am Millitary Honors service at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery. Private interment at Alton National Cemetery in Alton, IL.