Born: November 22, 1950 - Deceased: March 8, 2021
Margaret A. Ames, 70, of Belleville, IL, born Wednesday, November 22, 1950, in East St. Louis, IL, passed away Monday, March 8, 2021, at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in O’Fallon, IL.
Margaret was an office worker for Evans & Dixon law firm in St. Louis, MO. She was a member of Pi Beta Phi Sorority of Monmouth College in Monmouth, IL. Margaret enjoyed swimming, sailing, antiquing and dogs. She will be dearly missed by family and friends.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Parents, Jack and Sarah Ann, nee Leonard, Ames
- Rose and Alec Ames
- Minnie and Charles Leonard
- Aunts and Uncles:
- Clarice and Joe Leoffler
- Virginia and Elmer Kreftmeyer
- Gertrude Schuetze
- Elsa Schuetze
- Step-mother, Carlotta, nee Schuetze, Ames
Surviving are her:
- Twin Sister, Marsha (George) Ames-Cremer of O’Fallon, IL
- Nephew, Christopher Ames Cremer of Los Angeles, CA: the love of her life
- First Cousin, Nancy (Jim) Limmert, nee Kreftmeyer-Glassman of Washington, DC
- Many other dear cousins
Memorials: In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation or Belleville Area Humane Society.
Funeral: Per Margaret’s wishes, a cremation was held. Funeral services will be private.