Born: July 10, 1929 - Deceased: December 24, 2020
Mae Jerean “Jeri” Iwasczuk, nee Wheatly, 91, passed away Thursday, December 24, 2020 at the Dammert Geriatric Center in Belleville, IL. Jeri was born July 10, 1929 in Jefferson City, Missouri to the late Foster and Leia Mae Wheatly.
Jeri graduated from Southwest Baptist College in Bolivar, Missouri. She worked as an activity therapist at St. Paul’s Home in Belleville, was a board member of the local chapter of the American Cancer Society and volunteered for many years for the Relay for Life event. She lived at the apartment community at Our Lady of the Snows Shrine and found happiness, great friendships and wonderful, caring staff there.
Jeri was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: Stephen Iwasczuk
- Rankin W. Wheatly
- Harold J. Wheatly
Surviving are her:
- Helen W. (Don) Kohn of Plano, TX
- Patricia M. McClane of Washington DC
- Mary McClane (Jeff) Owens of Dayton, OH
- Stepson: Stephen D. Iwasczuk of Belleville, IL
- Jennifer Owens Simpson
- Becky Owens (James) Dzuris
- Rebecca (Steve) Bugala
- Great Grandchildren
- Evan and Andrew Simpson
- Joseph and Grace Mae Dzuris
- Thomas, Claire, Anna and Lia Bugala
- Brother-in-law and sister-in-law: Ted and Pauline Iwasczuk
- Nieces: Tammy and Cheryl
- Nephew: Kevin
Memorials: Memorials may be made to, The Equiline at the Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows, 726 Community Drive, Belleville, IL 62223.
Services: A Memorial Service will be held at a later date at the chapel in the apartment community at The Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows with interment at Valhalla Gardens of Memory in Belleville, IL.