Born: November 5, 1938 - Deceased: August 9, 2023
Lt. Col. (Ret.) Andrew E. Kniffin, 84, of Belleville, IL, born Saturday, November 5, 1938, in Bisbee, AZ, passed away suddenly Wednesday, August 9, 2023 at his residence in Belleville, IL.
Andy was a Master Navigator in U.S. Air Force for 27 years and a member of Hope Chapel in Belleville, IL. He was a master gardener and volunteered for Family Hospice. Andy served during the Vietnam War.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents, Andy and Edna, nee Liest, Kniffin
- Brother-in-law, Richard Hacker
- Mother and Father-in-law, Helen and Herschel Hunter
Surviving are his:
- Wife of 47 years, Barbara J., nee Hunter, Kniffin of Belleville, IL
- Hunter (Nicole) Kniffin of Belleville, IL
- Brian (Erica) Kniffin of Fairview Heights, IL
- Emmett Kniffin
- Helena Kniffin
- Emma Kniffin
- Andrew Kniffin
- Maggie Kniffin
- Susan (Peter) Grometer
- Kathryn Hacker
- Carol (Gary) Green
- Brother-in-law, Roger (Kelly) Hunter
- Dear nieces and nephews
Memorials: In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Hope Chapel in Belleville, 2726 Frank Scott Parkway West, Belleville, IL.
Fellowship Gathering from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm, Saturday, August 19, 2023 at Hope Chapel, 2726 Frank Scott Parkway W., Belleville, IL 62223.
Funeral: Memorial Service will be held at 1:00 pm, Saturday, August 19, 2023 at Hope Chapel, with Pastor David Raynaud officiating. Private Interment at Marissa Township Cemetery in Marissa, IL.