Born: November 1, 1966 - Deceased: September 28, 2023
Lisa E. Vandervelden, 56, of Belleville, IL, born Tuesday, November 1, 1966, in East St. Louis, IL, passed away after her 6 year battle with cancer on Thursday, September 28, 2023 at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in O’Fallon, IL.
Lisa was the sun to her flowers that she loved to tend to, to her daughter who she loved more than the world, and to every room she entered. She attended Belleville East high school and went on to pursue a career in cosmetology. Along the pursuit of happiness, she discovered and maintained a firm adoration for frogs. Her vast collection of various frog items brought joy to everyone. Lisa enjoyed cooking, and would often bring new recipes to her daughter, whom she passed her love for homemade meals to. Lisa was known to crack jokes and was always the person to be around when you need to smile. She remains that person.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Father, Phillip Vandervelden
- Cousin, Kerry Davis
Surviving are her:
- Daughter, Mariah Vandervelden of Fairview Heights, IL
- Mother, Margie A. Grimmig of Belleville, IL
- Step-brother, Tom (Deanna) Grimmig of Belleville, IL
- Niece, Margaret Grimmig of Belleville, IL
- Nephew, James Grimmig of Belleville, IL
- Sheila Davis of Belleview, MO
- Jeff Lowe of Bland, MO
- Father of her daughter, Richard Hofmeister of Belleville, IL
- Dear friends:
- Mary Bolen of Belleville, IL
- Mark Corbitt of Belleville, IL
- Mark Hofmeister of Montgomery, AL
- Jane (Rod) Tozer of Whitehall, MI
- Her beloved cat, Sable
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Belleville Area Humane Society.
Visitation: A Memorial Gathering will be held from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m., Sunday, October 8, 2023 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.