Born: December 9, 1935 - Deceased: June 12, 2023
Leah Rae Stosberg, nee Simpson, 87, of Caseyville, IL, born Monday, December 9, 1935, in East St. Louis, IL, passed away Monday, June 12, 2023 at HSHS St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in O’Fallon, IL surrounded by family.
Leah had a fierce love for her family, establishing a foundation that will last generations. Her presence at any event immediately filled the room with a love and warmth that is second to none. She was her family’s number one fan, never missing a game, play, recital, graduation or any important life event that occurred. Leah had a gentle, loving soul, but she was a strong woman who built a life that influenced countless people around her.
Leah had a passionate relationship with her faith. She was a devoted member of First United Presbyterian Church in Belleville, IL, and sang in their choir. She instilled her Christian beliefs into her everyday living. She never had an unkind word to say about anyone, and made everyone around her a better human being.
Leah was extremely intelligent, and while growing up, she played the violin. She went on to become a secretary for Minutemen Claim Service for 36 years.
As a single working mother of six children, Leah was the epitome of a true matriarch.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Parents: Vernon and Helen, nee Henderson, Simpson
Surviving are her:
- Terri (Scott) Dankenbring of Collinsville, IL
- Debra (Scott) Bozzardi of Collinsville, IL
- Stephen (Mona) Stosberg of Maryville, IL
- Karen Rodriguez of Caseyville, IL
- Michael Stosberg of Fairview Heights, IL
- David (Misty) Stosberg of Collinsville, IL
- Sister: Vernell Roche of Belleville, IL
- 19 grandchildren
- Dawn, Stephanie,
- Danielle, Andria,
- Stephen, Joey,
- Kristen, Andrew, David, April,
- Christopher, Rachel, Samantha,
- Casey, Kelsey, Leann, Cody, Autumn and Tyler
- 16 great-grandchildren
- 2 nephews
- Tom (Tara) Roche of Collinsville, IL
- Joe (Katrina) Roche of Belleville, IL
- 7 great-nieces and nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the First United Presbyterian Church in Belleville, IL.
Visitation: Visitation from 2:00-4:00 pm, Friday, June 16, 2023 at First United Presbyterian, 1303 Royal Heights Road, Belleville, IL 62223.
Funeral: Memorial Service will be held at 4:00 pm Friday, June 16th, 2023 at First United Presbyterian Church, with Rev Alex Lysdahl officiating. Interment will be at Walnut Hill Cemetery, Belleville, IL at a later date.