Laura M. Touchette, nee Zapolski, 62, of Millstadt, IL, born Sunday, December 8, 1957, in Washington, DC, passed away Thursday, September 24, 2020 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Laura worked as an Underwriter for CNA Insurance for 40+ years. She loved taking care of her family, listening to her “Rat Pack” music, and fixing her family’s favorite foods.
She was preceded in death by her:
- parents, William and Phyllis Zapolski
- father-in-law, Milton L. Touchette, Sr.
- mother-in-law, Dorothy B. Touchette
Surviving are her:
- husband, Terry Touchette of Millstadt, IL
- 3 children:
- Erica (Jacob) Roth of Maryland Heights, MO
- Melanie (Jonathan Cooper, Jr.) Touchette of Chicago, IL
- Steven (Michele) Touchette of Belleville, IL
- sister, Gail Zapalski of San Diego, CA
- 2 grandchildren:
- Nova Cooper
- Ashlynne Touchette
- brother and sister-in-law, Milton and Audrey Touchette, Jr., of Millstadt, IL.
- many dear nieces and nephews, and great-nieces and nephews.
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital or Wounded Warriors.
Funeral: A Memorial Celebration will be held at a later date.
I will miss you my dear friend.
My condolences to Laura’s family. She was a wonderful person and a joy to work with. She made me laugh all the time. I’ll miss you Laura – rest in peace.
I worked with Laura for many years at CNA. She was a “superstar” by any measure. She was a great mentor to many including me. She will always be loved and missed. My thoughts and prayers to Terry and her wonderful family.
I have only known Laura for two years but seems like a life time. She was always making me laugh until tears ran down my face. Laura was a fighter, and she will always be my friend. I will miss her and all of our conversations. My heart goes out to Terry and her children as well as her grandchildren.
Good bye my friend
Prayers to Laura’s family! Laura was a great person with a kind heart and a big sense of humor. I am happy to have known her. She will be dearly missed!
So very sorry Laura . We worked together over 15 years. She was the most dependable person and most valuable resource for many things in life and work. She often spoke of retiring before I did and I was hoping so very much she would enjoy a long and fruitful retirement. My condolences to the entire family and God bless.