Born: November 18, 1942 - Deceased: January 3, 2023
Kenneth Gene Hancock, 80, of Granite City, IL, born Wednesday, November 18, 1942, in East St. Louis, IL, passed away Tuesday, January 3, 2023 at Bria of Alton in Alton, IL.
Kenneth was a Highway Commissioner for Canteen Township and a driver for David Hauling. Attended City Temple in Granite City, IL, and was a member of the Trail Dusters Chapter “E”, and he served as a Veteran in the United States Air Force.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents, William “Bill” and Modean Sally, nee Humphreys, Hancock
Surviving are his:
- Wife whom he married on January 13, 1962, Beverly Jean, nee Canen, Hancock of Granite City, IL
- Son, Ronald Hancock of Granite City, IL
- Daughter, Barbara (Kevin) Slayton of Grandin, MO
- Brother, Gary Hancock of Fairmont City, IL
- Erica (Matthew) Stephens
- Cassee Coffman
- Alyssa Hancock (David Umbaugh)
- Great grandchildren:
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association or City Temple in Granite City, IL.
Visitation: Visitation from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 1:00 pm, Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Sam Hart officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, IL.
His service may be viewed starting at 12:50 pm through the Kurrus website live stream link.