Born: July 19, 1967 - Deceased: April 3, 2021
Karen J. Larson, nee Howell, 53, of Lebanon, IL, born Wednesday, July 19, 1967; in Belleville, IL, passed away Saturday, April 3, 2021; at her residence in Lebanon, IL.
Karen was the office administrator for the provost at McKendree University in Lebanon, IL.
Our light went out this weekend. Karen went to sleep on early in the AM on Saturday and didn’t wake up. Count yourself blessed if you we’re able to be in her circle for even a little bit. She made everything she touched better than when she found it. She made the difficult seem easy and there wasn’t a task she could take on that she didn’t completely crush.
She aged backwards and somehow became more beautiful inside and out each and every day. The only club of which she was a member was a super-duper secret group of celebs, athletes, billionaires, and 2 member of the Beatles that are supposedly dead but clearly are NOT. It’s like Fight Club except there’s no fighting, the age reversal lotion applied by Chris Hemsworth look-alikes and they have great snacks. I’m only aware it exists because she would need me to pick her up after the meetings at the Golden Corral in O’Fallon.
She loved SO hard, so very, very hard. There was no one better at love. Please treasure the memories that you have of and with her. They are priceless….
She was preceded in death by her:
- Parents: Charles and Joan F., nee Hassard, Howell
Surviving are her:
- Husband: Christopher P. Larson of Lebanon, IL
- Taylor (Melody) Larson of San Diego, CA
- Austin Viner of Belleville, IL
- Dylan Larson of Belleville, IL
- Kristopher (Kelly) Howell of Millstadt, IL
- Keith (Valerie) Howell of Columbia, IL
- Sister: Kim Howell of Belleville, IL
- Dear Nieces, Nephews and Cousins
- Aria Larson
- Lyric Larson
- Nova Larson
- Mother and Father-in-law: David and Kaethe Larson of Jasper, IN
- Mike and Jamie Larson of New Orleans, LA
- Matt Larson of Jasper, IN
- Eric (Jaime) Larson of Huntingburg, IN
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Donors Choice.
Visitation: Gathering will be held at 4:00 – 8:00 pm, Thursday, April 8, 2021 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL. Private family interment.