Born: September 17, 1944 - Deceased: October 18, 2023
Julia Welch, nee Buser, 79, of Belleville, IL, born Sunday, September 17, 1944, in Cincinnati, OH, passed away October 18, 2023 at Mercy Rehab in Swansea, IL.
Mrs. Welch was a retired attorney, having graduated from University of Illinois School of Law in 1991. She was a proud graduate of St. Teresa Academy and St. Patrick’s Grade School in East St. Louis. After graduation from St. Louis University, Mrs. Welch worked as a medical technologist at the bacteriology clinical laboratory at St. Louis University Hospital, followed by a year in Seoul, Korea. She enjoyed many happy years as a stay-at-home mother to her three sons and was a community volunteer before becoming an attorney in mid-life. Mrs. Welch had been a board member of United Way, Call for Help, Bethany Place and the Belleville Philharmonic Society, where she was a long-time officer. She particularly enjoyed opera, reading, discussing and debating literature, politics and the news of the day; singing alto with St. Teresa and St. Henry Church choir; Diocesan Schola and the Philharmonic Chorale; travel and spending time with her family and friends.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Father: Julian W. Buser, M.D.
- Mother: Dorothy, nee Toland, Buser
- Sister: Patricia Goller
- Brother-in-law: Bruce Goller
Surviving are her:
- William (Denise) Welch of Dardenne Prairie, MO
- James (Tara) Welch of Millstadt, IL
- Douglas Welch of Belleville, IL
- Paul (Cindi) Buser of Scottsdale, AZ
- Lawrence (Lisa) Buser of Memphis, TN
- Stephen (Clare) Buser of Columbia, IL
- Robert (Helene Silverblatt, M.D.) Buser M.D. of Corrales, NM
- Landon, Aidan & Taylor Welch
- Nieces, nephews, cousins & friends.
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Philharmonic Society of Belleville.
Visitation: Visitation from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm, Friday, October 27, 2023 at Cathedral of Saint Peter’s Catholic Church in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 1:00 pm, Friday, October 27, 2023 at Cathedral of Saint Peter’s Catholic Church, with Rev. Kenneth York officiating. Interment will follow at Green Mount Catholic Cemetery, Belleville, IL.