Born: March 15, 1928 - Deceased: November 28, 2021
Joy A. Horn, nee Newbrough , 93, of Belleville, IL, born Thursday, March 15, 1928, in Des Moines, IA, passed away Sunday, November 28, 2021 at Memorial Hospital East in Shiloh, IL.
Joy worked as a secretary for Southern Illinois University, School of Medical in Springfield, IL. She was also a former intake counselor for Graham Correction Center in Hillsboro, IL and a organist at multiple churches.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband, Rev. Robert W. Horn
- Daughter, Nancy Joy Dayringer
- Parents, John and Bonnie, nee Bilderback, Newbrough
- Sister, Dona McLucas
- Son-in-law, Richard “Tuba” Young
Surviving are her:
- Conny Horn of Springfield, IL
- Jean Stark of Belleville, IL
- Nacedah (Josh) Hancock
- Robert (Amanda) Stark
- Evelyn (Jonathon) Wulf
- Beth Stark
- Great grandson, Anthony James “AJ” Stark
- Son-in-law, Stephen Dayringer
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Belleville Area Humane Society, Muscular Dystrophy or American Cancer Society.
Visitation: Visitation from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, Monday, December 6, 2021 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Private graveside services will be held, Monday December 6, 2021 at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, MO.