Born: June 14, 1934 - Deceased: May 17, 2023
John Lynch Jr., 88, of Belleville, IL, formerly of East St. Louis, IL, born Thursday, June 14, 1934, in East St. Louis, IL, died Wednesday, May 17, 2023 at Cedar Ridge Health Care in Lebanon, IL.
John worked as a switchman for the railroad. He was a member of St. Clare Catholic Church in O’Fallon, IL and a proud U.S. Army Veteran.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Wife: Carol Lee, nee Stief, Lynch
- Parents: John G. and Ida Opal, nee Donaldson, Lynch
- Sister: Phoebe Lynch
- Jerry Lynch
- Kenny Lynch
- Brother-in-law: Virgil Hensley Jr.
Surviving are his:
- Son: John Gregory Lynch (Eric Joseph Wright) of Belleville, IL
- Randy Lynch of Belleville, IL
- Thomas (Monica) Lynch of Belleville, IL
- Richard (Cindi) Lynch of Belleville, IL
- Judith Hensley of Fairview, IL
- Lana (Richard) Musil of Belleville, IL
- Sandra (Roger) Hicks of Belleville, IL
- Stepbrother: Patrick Malone of Belleville, IL
- Grandson: John Gregory Jose Lynch
- Bonus grandchildren: Ethan, Kaleb, and Adalyn Wright
- Many dear nieces and nephews and his fur-babies, Rosa and Mija.
Memorials may be made to the Belleville Area Humane Society or the Patriot Guard of Illinois.
Visitation: Visitation from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm Thursday, May 25, 2023 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral procession will leave at 10:00 am from Kurrus Funeral Home for a 10:30 am Mass of Christian Burial on Friday, May 26, 2023 at St. Clare Catholic in O’Fallon, IL, with Father James Deiters officiating Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, IL.