Born: November 5, 1947 - Deceased: October 6, 2020
John A. Genetti, 72, of South Bend, IN, born Wednesday, November 5, 1947 in St. Louis, MO, passed away Tuesday, October 6, 2020 at St. Luke’s Hospital in Chesterfield, MO.
John was the owner and manager of a real estate company in Indiana. He grew up in Belleville and was previously a parishioner of Our Lady Queen of Peace Church in Belleville, Illinois and a Graduate of Althoff Catholic High School. He earned a degree in Business Management from the University of Notre Dame. John also served in the U.S. Army with the rank of Captain.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Mother: LaVerne, nee Gonder, Genetti
- Grandson: Benjamin Ryder Sillivent
- Sster: Mary Ann Genetti
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Karin A. Genetti of South Bend, IN
- Father: John J. Genetti of Belleville, IL
- Michael (Renee) Genetti of Scottsdale, AZ
- Elizabeth Genetti of Los Angeles, CA
- Christina Genetti of CA
- Melissa (Robert) Sillivent of Lubbock, TX
- Theresa (Don) Walterbach of Manchester, MO
- Catherine Genetti of Brentwood, MO
- Joan (Nick) Gehrs of St. Charles, MO
- Luke Genetti
- Ryan Genetti
- Sean Genetti
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the St. Jude Children’s Hospital or Catholic Urban Program.
Visitation: Visitation from 5:00 – 7:00 pm Friday, October 9, 2020 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Private Mass of Christian Burial will be held Saturday, October 10, 2020 at Our Lady Queen of Peace in Belleville, IL with Fr. Matthew Elie officiating. Interment will follow at Green Mount Catholic Cemetery, Belleville, IL.