Joey Owen Miller, 35, of Red Bud, IL, born Tuesday, May 6, 1986, in Belleville, IL, passed away Sunday, February 27, 2022 at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in O’Fallon, IL.
Joey worked as an Infantryman for the United States Army serving during the Afghanistan Campaign.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Maternal grandfather: Alfred Stern
- Paternal grandparents: Charles and Gloria Miller
Surviving are his:
- Parents: Randy and Rita, nee Stern, Miller of Red Bud, IL
- Fiancee: Kelli Ann Miller of Edwardsville, IL
- 2 sisters
- Rachael Lynn Miller of Charlotte, NC
- Jessica Lynn (Patrick) Seger of Caseyville, IL
- Nieces and nephews
- Jedidiah Seger
- Aliyah Seger
- Lucy Seger
- Hezekiah Seger
- Maternal grandmother: Betty Bissell of Chester, IL
- Many aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins including mommy two
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Wounded Warriors Project.
Visitation: Visitation from 9:30 am – 11:30 am, Thursday, March 3, 2022 at the First Baptist Church, 701 S. Main, Smithton, IL 62285.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 11:30 am, Thursday, March 3, 2022 at the First Baptist Church, 701 S. Main, Smithton, IL. with Rev. Robert Endsley officiating. Interment will follow at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, MO. with Honors.
You will be greatly missed. I love you so much. ♥️
You will be greatly missed Joey. Rest in peace.